Wellness Center Safety Information
- Upon reopening patrons/students will be required to watch the safety instruction video (below) that will be featured online and inside the facility on gym etiquette for COVID-19 as well as cleaning procedures.
- It is recommended that unvaccinated patrons wear a CDC compliant face covering (e.g., A CDC compliant, 2-ply 100% cotton cloth face mask or surgical-style mask).
- Maintain 3 feet to 6 feet social distance from other gym patrons.
- Students will be required to disinfect hands upon entering and exiting the gym.
- Patrons must use disinfectant wipes to clean their equipment before and after use.
- Students will be required to sign a Wellness Agreement (Link opens in new window), phrasing:
“We’re all responsible for our wellness.
During this period, it is all our responsibility to slow down the spread of the Coronavirus by practicing safety methods that not only keep ourselves safe, but that of our loved ones.
In that effort, Broward College North Campus Wellness Center has updated its facility to include the necessary supplies to ensure sanitization, safety, and provide instructions for proper cleaning and disposal of materials. We ask that if you are experiencing fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea that you stay home. Additionally, if you have visited the Wellness Center and think you possibly had COVID-19 upon visiting, please contact the gym supervisor at 954-201-2314.
Please note that the CDC advises that older adults or people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Also, people who show no symptoms can spread the Coronavirus if they are infected. As such, gym users should evaluate their risk and determine whether to attend the Gym. Broward College cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to the Coronavirus during your visit.
By agreeing to this, you acknowledge your personal responsibility to do your part by following safety protocol and to clean up your designated machines before and after use. However, even with these implementations there is still a risk associated with coming to the Wellness Center that includes but is not limited to the possibility of contracting the COVID-19 illness.
- Students will be required to schedule a slot in advance; availability will be Monday through Thursday during operational hours; PickTime – Make an Appointment (Link opens in new window)
- Active BC ID Number will be required for scheduled time slot
- Students will be required to disinfect hands upon entry and exit of the gym
MATERIALS TO BRING TO GYM
- Large towel able to cover machines’ surface
- Closed-toed shoes
- Appropriate workout clothes (No Jeans!)
- For unvaccinated individuals, a CDC compliant, 2-ply 100% cotton cloth face mask or surgical-style mask is reccomended
- CDC compliant face masks are reccomended for unvaccinated patrons
- Respect/Maintain 3 feet to 6 feet social distance from other gym patrons
- Sanitize hands before/after use of each equipment and after completing each of your routines
- Wipe down excercise eqipment with the provided disinfectant before and after each use
VIOLATION OF GYM SAFETY
- If the COVID-19 guidelines, sign-in procedure etc. are not followed you will be asked to leave the facility and subjected to suspension from gym activities for the entire semester.