Paleontology Research & Collections
“A prepared Priscacara fossil, of a late early Eocene sunfish. The specimen is about 80% of its natural size. It was collected from the Green River Formation 9 miles west of Kemmerer, Wyoming in 1984” -US Geological Survey, picture taken June 8 2005. U.S. Geological Survey flickr account (Link opens in new window)
*Reference links below will open in a new window.
- Journal of Paleontology – The Journal of Paleontology, published by the Paleontological Society, includes original articles and notes on the systematics of fossil organisms and the implications of systematics to biostratigraphy, paleoecology, paleogeography, and evolution.
- Bulletins of American Paleontology – from the Paleontological Research Institution, is … “Published continuously since 1895, Bulletins of American Paleontology (ISSN 0007-5779) is one of the oldest peer-reviewed paleontological journals in the world…”
Broward College Library Resources
Please visit the Broward College Library Resources page:
- Make a research appointment with a Librarian
- Get research Guides
- Access many Paleontology Journals
- Use databases such as Access Science®, “from McGraw-Hill is an authoritative online Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), education resource written by world-renowned scientists and skillfully edited to engage and inform students.” Go to Access Science – Paleontology.