Talk with Dean Turpel

In 2020, I’d like the opportunity to connect more often with all nursing students in an informal way.  For the December-May term, I’m scheduling time on each campus as student hours.  Because I often get involved with meetings during the day (though the meetings are necessary to keep the department running), it’s best for me to schedule these student hours early in the morning.  For North, South, and Central, I’ve scheduled these on Friday mornings at 7:30 (once a month at each campus).  For Miramar Town Center, on Tuesday mornings at 7:30.  I’d love to see you at any campus.

This is my schedule for January:

Miramar Town Center:  Tuesday, January 7, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., In the community area with tables and vending, second floor

South Campus:  Friday, January 10, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., Outside of the nursing department in the vending area

North Campus:  Friday, January 17, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., Nursing Lab on the second floor

Central Campus:  Friday, January 24, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., Nursing Lab

I will be following a similar schedule throughout the term and you can find that schedule here for BSN  and here for ASN program.

I know that these hours won’t work for everyone.  It’s pretty much impossible to find times that fit into all students’ schedules.  I will evaluate the schedule and make changes as necessary after the spring term.

I hope to see you!