How Are You Remoting?

Hi Everyone!  I don’t think that “remoting” is currently a word, but I feel like it’s going to be one very soon.  How are you doing with attending class remotely?  I earned my Master of Science in Nursing and my Doctor of Philosophy degrees in a (mostly) online learning environment, so I’m pretty comfortable with distance learning and actually prefer it to the classroom, but that is definitely not the case for everyone.  One of the misconceptions is that remote learning is easier.  Spoiler alert:  it’s not.

No post would be complete, lately anyway, without a photo of one of my family members.

If you come to my house, you’ll probably see me carrying around the little guy to the right on my hip, like a normal person would carry a baby.  This is Ernie (Ernie Banks, for any Chicago Cubs fans) and he’s definitely my baby.  He’s probably a Rat Terrier, came from Broward Humane, and is fairly neurotic.  He’s what the dog trainer called “highly reactive.”  He went to a whole series of obedience classes twice and they didn’t take.  My husband says it’s my fault for babying him.  Whatever.  He’s adorable and 15 pounds of pure happy all the time and loves to do zoomies around the yard.

Back to remoting.

The best advice often comes from fellow students, so for some additional tips on how to success in the remote learning environment, I want to encourage you to read the BC blog offering on the topic found here.

Please share what’s been working for you and not working for you over the past week.

4 thoughts on “How Are You Remoting?

1. Hello Dean Turpel
    For me, the remote learning has been going very well! I’m able to follow along with the professors lecture while also asking questions when needed. I have also had sufficient time to keep up with reading and prioritize studying! Thank you for asking.

• That’s great, Lauren. I’m so proud that nursing students have been so positive.

2. I have found that keeping my alarm set as if I’m getting up and physically going to school is helping me. Without it, I was finding myself unmotivated to do school related tasks.

• I have to agree that sticking to a schedule is important. It’s the same with working remote.