This course will help students understand and utilize Server Side Scripting technology. Students will work with Server Side Scripting to create Internet-based applications. Students will learn to connect to databases, work with files, extract data from HTML forms, and how to build secure applications.
General Course Outcomes
The student shall:
- learn the basics of Server Side Scripting.
- learn to build HTML Forms using Server Side Scripting.
- learn to modify files and directories using Server Side Scripting.
- learn to modify data within a database using Server Side Scripting.
- implement cookies using Server Side Scripting.
- learn to implement Server Side Scripting Security features.
Prerequisites: (CTS1851C or CTS1855C) and
(COP1000C or COP1210C or COP1334C)
(all with grades of C or higher)
Corequisites: COP1700 or COP2071C
Textbook and Course Materials
Title: 200-550: Zend PHP 5.5 Certification
The text book for this course is available at the campus bookstore: