Monday, 3/16 Update

In my mind, I just keep saying “Wow.”  Things are happening that I could never have imagined. Ever.

Here’s what I know this morning:

There are no classes and no clinicals this week, 3/16 – 3/22.  We continue to anticipate that your theory classes will be held remotely, starting on 3/23.

Do not come to campus, the nursing labs on each campus are closed.

We are still evaluating the clinical courses and will let you know as soon as we know.  There are no secrets, it’s truly and hour-by-hour situation.  We are doing our best to mitigate the negative effects on your program, but some delay in your ability to progress is inevitable at this point.

This is just a brief note this morning, I’ll be updating this routinely – likely a couple of times per day.  Please subscribe to this blog and then you’ll get notification of the updates.

6 thoughts on “Monday, 3/16 Update

1. Thank you for this, I cannot imagine the stress you must be experiencing. None of this is in our hands and I am grateful that you are trying so hard for us.

2. Good morning Dean Turpel,
    Thank you for your updates. I understand that you, and all of us really have no control over this situation. Although we are all very upset about the program delays, I know that these are all measures taken to keep everyone safe. Your updates, even when they are not so great news, are helpful to keep us grounded and in the loop. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you,
    Dianne Luna

3. Dr. Turpel,
    I cannot imagine the amount of stress you are under. Thank you for fighting for us and keeping us informed. One question I’m sure many of us have, (because, in my case I’ve never dropped a class) is how this affects our financial aid. Maybe the college can have someone from that department email us to let us know. I’d hate to add even more stuff to your plate. Thanks for all your help!
    Dama Zavala mu

• Dama, thank you. I know that Financial Aid is working furiously to figure everything out. Every other college/university in the country is in the same situation, so there will be solutions. I just don’t know what those are yet.

• Thank you for your response. We truly are in this together. This is the craziest situation, and I know we are all doing the best we can. As much as it is possible, don’t neglect to care for yourself and your family. And let us know if we can volunteer or help in any way.

• Thank you so much, Dama. If there is a miracle and all of this clears up within a couple of weeks, we’ll see what we can do to add back in clinical courses and get you through. Right now, this is where we are, though.